The time has been changed, and now you don’t need a separate remote for each home device because GE universal remote codes help to set up your remote. If you have a TV, DVD player, or Home Theaters at your home, now you can operate all of them with a single remote, called GE universal remote.
However, it sounds very well, but also it looks challenging because, for that, you need codes of GE remote and programming instructions. This post will provide the GE universal remote setup codes and programming instructions here. You can control all your devices with a single remote by following these simple programming instructions.
GE Universal Remote Codes List
To use a GE universal remote for multiple branded devices, you must program the GE remote separately for each device. Below, we have added a drop-down menu based on the remote version, device brand, and device type to find the compatible code for the remote programming.
How To Program GE Universal Remote Without Code
In this method, you don’t need to enter a code manually. The codes in the remote database will send to the device when you switch to this method, and the remote adjusts the correct code for the device. But this method may take longer than the code entry method, so you must keep the remote until the setup is complete.
- “Turn on” the device you wish to control with the remote and keep the remote towards the device from an appropriate distance. For example, if you want to control your DVD player, then keep the remote in front of the DVD player.
- Now find the “SETUP” key to enable the learning mode. Press the “SETUP” key until the LED indicator flashes. Release the “SETUP” key when the LED light remains ON.
- Now press the “DVD” button on the remote. The LED light will flash once and stays solid.
- Press the “Power” key the remote will send ten codes to the device. If the device is found the correct, the device will shut down. If not, try pressing the “Power” button manually after the device is back on.
- If the device turns off, review the code.
- To review the code, press the “VOL UP” key, and the remote will resend ten codes to the device. The LED indicator blinks and remains ON.
- If the device turns off, the remote is programmed successfully.
- If not, press the “VOL UP” key until the device turns off every three seconds.
- Press the “Device” button to save the code after turning off the device.
If you fail to connect the remote to the device, repeat the exact programming instructions and follow all the guidelines carefully.
How To Program GE Universal Remote Codes
The code entry method is much simple and complete within a minute if you follow all the instructions carefully. Below, I will show you how to program GE universal remote using the code entry method.
- Turn on the device you wish to control with the remote.
- Insert new batteries into the remote to strengthen the infrared signals while programming the remote.
- After this, you will need to enable the learning mode that allows the remote to pair with the device. For this, press the “SETUP” key on the remote until the LED light illuminates. Release the “SETUP” key when the LED light remains ON.
- Now find the device button you wish to connect the remote with it. For example, press the “TV” button on the remote to program your TV.
- Press the “Device” (TV, DVD, etc..) button and enter the code you selected for the device.
- The LED light will turn off after entering the code.
- To test your remote, control the volume, change the channels and check more functions you wish to control the device. If everything works correctly, the remote is ready to use. If not, try to reprogram the remote by following the instructions from step 3.
Follow the exact instructions for all devices when you use the code entry method. If you are still looking for the correct code for your device, try another code to program the remote. You can program the remote multiple times until you find the valid code.
How To Program GE Universal Remote Using Brand Code Search Method
It is a brand code method that works as a code entry method. See the instructions below to program the GE universal remote using the brand code search method.
- Turn on the device you wish to control with the remote.
- Find the “Brand code” in the user manual or this post.
- Press the “device” button. If you want to program the TV, press the “TV” button. The LED indicator will flash and remains ON. Hold the device button.
- Now press the “Power” button, and the LED light should remain lit. Now release both buttons. If you are done correctly, the indicator will remain ON.
- Now enter the brand code, and the LED light should remain ON.
- After this, press the “Power” button continuously until the device turns off. If the code is correct, the device will turn off. Press the “stop” button to save the code.
You can try the auto code search method if you need help programming the remote in the brand code.
GE Universal Remote Control Manual
The GE universal remote manual help you find all types of brand codes and their programming procedures and troubleshooting solutions. Also, you can learn how to use different types of keys to control various functions using the GE universal remote manual.
GE remote came into existence with a reason to minimize your efforts. Because it gives you the liberty to save time, you only need to find codes for GE universal remote, which we already provided and set up Ge universal remote using codes. However, it is no longer a problem.
Following the given GE universal program instructions, you can easily program your GE Universal cl3, cl4, and cl5 remotes for 4 to 8 devices. After programming the remote for each device, you can control all your entertainment devices with a single remote, which will help you avoid keeping a bunch of remotes in your room.